Announcement: Voting Sites Scheduled for November Election

TRAVIS COUNTY CLERK – ELECTIONS DIVISION DANA DeBEAUVOIR, COUNTY CLERK

For immediate release:  September 15, 2009

Contact: Mary Fero, 512-854-3293

Voting Sites Scheduled for November Election

Austin– The Travis County Clerk’s office has issued the proposed schedule of Early Voting and Election Day polling places for the November 3, 2009 Joint Special Elections. The Early Voting schedule includes 12 permanent Early Voting Sites and three mobile teams (sites that change on a daily basis).

“Some of the Early Voting sites used in previous elections have been changed for this election due to budgetary concerns,” said County Clerk Dana DeBeauvoir.  “As always, my best advice to voters is to check polling locations before heading out to vote.”

DeBeauvoir said the Clerk’s office is supporting countywide efforts to be cautious in fiscal planning, given the County’s hiring freeze and cutbacks.  She also noted that her office is planning for five elections (including April and June runoffs) in the next fiscal year as well as the possibility of a special election.

“Voters should remember that they can still vote at their usual neighborhood polling place on Election Day,” DeBeauvoir said.

DeBeauvoir said her staff has worked to accommodate voting preferences by establishing polling places for one or more days at some former permanent sites.  The Clerk’s office will post signage at former permanent sites with information about nearest voting locations.

DeBeauvoir stressed that these cuts are planned ONLY for this November constitutional election. The Clerk’s office will return to established locations for the full early voting time period during the 2010 Primary and Gubernatorial elections.

The full list of Early Voting and Election Day locations will be posted on the County Clerk’s web site once finally approved by the Travis County Commissioners Court.  The Clerk’s web site is: www.traviscountyelections.org ( http://www.traviscountyelections.org/ )

Voters also may contact the Clerk’s office for information by phone: 238-VOTE (238-8683).

About these ads

9 Responses to “Announcement: Voting Sites Scheduled for November Election”

1. 1 smart circle directv July 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?
    A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.

Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?

2. 2 special investigations unit August 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Awesome things here. I am very satisfied to peer your article.

Thank you a lot and I’m looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

3. 3 Nndb.com August 14, 2013 at 5:46 am

Will” We The People” be asked to fund the costs of the fund raising efforts
    of the incumbent President. The terms are used interchangeably
    but some states opt for to make use of techniques that would not only strain your relationship with
    your employee, before you hire a bo dietl that guarantees results.

4. 4 Beverly Hills condo Real Estate agents October 18, 2013 at 4:21 am

I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?

Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one today.

5. 5 getongooglepage1.org February 6, 2014 at 7:39 am

Heya my business is for your main period below. I came across the following panel and I locating Advertised . beneficial & the idea solved the problem away a lot. I am hoping presenting some thing yet again as well as assist some others just like you helped me.

6. 6 Hospitals Reno Nv February 15, 2014 at 4:59 am

To buy the oil companies healthcare 837 that source, then the language loyalties
    of other countries, the sharp gap between the two parties
    bring different assets to the Best Buy corporation.

7. 7 appliance repair in tampa March 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm

If you desire to improve your experience simply keep visiting this
    website and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted
    here.

8. 8 mexico real estate April 1, 2014 at 12:20 am

Usually I would not study post on sites, however would want to express that this specific write-up really obligated me to take a peek from plus achieve this! The way of writing has become stunned me. Thank you, really wonderful post.

9. 9 orange lake at lake geneva April 13, 2014 at 3:10 am

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how
    can i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me
    a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of
    this your broadcast provided bright clear concept